Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Everything in Between!

Use the Navbar, or search the archive in the right column for ideas! Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Everything in Between!

May 24, 2009

North American Goulash

This is a twist on the elbow macaroni goulashes that are often included in cookbooks. Not only is it a great way to use up left over ground beef (or cubes), it is so easy to make. True this is not a Hungarian stew, but it is sure to please. :)



What you need:
1-1.5 lbs of cooked ground beef (or cubes); seasoned with salt, pepper, parsley, onion flakes, and basil.
1 box of Rotini noodles
2 cans of Italian style, diced tomatoes
1 can of tomato sauce (for seasoning, try the Nubsauce recipe)

Top with some Parmesan and/or Mozzarella Cheese

Step 1. Cook your noodles, and brown your seasoned ground beef.

Step 2. Add the canned tomatoes to the drained noodles.

Step 3. Add your Nubsauce to the cooked beef. Let this simmer, covered and on low heat for about 15 minutes.

Step 4. Mix the Beefy Nubsauce to the noodles and tomatoes.



Presto! A delicious meal for 4-6 people.


More Pasta Ideas!
Manicotti Made Easy, Spinach and Sausage Mostaccioli, WoW Ziti Dinner, Midsummer Special! Spinach Ziti, Nubsauce, My Favorite Ravioli, Chicken and Mushroom Linguine, FTW Lasagna, North American Goulash.

5 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! I will have to try it, even though I am not a big fan of stewed tomatoes. I suppose it is necessary for the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could either just use tomato sauce without the stewed tomatoes, or you can try this in an Alfredo Sauce (mostly Parmesan Cheese, Cream, Butter, Garlic and Parsley).

    If you don't like that...try it with a thick brown gravy, and add in peas (or chickpeas) and corn. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG NOOOOOOO!!!

    This is the exact goulash my mother used to force me to eat for days on end! It's etched into my memory forever...

    Me: "Mom... I'm hungry...."

    Mom: "There's goulash in the fridge!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Lea. :(

    Truthfully, most kids aren't goulash fans. I know I hated it when I was young. I think it's one of the dishes you rediscover later. Maybe not everyone, but it sure was good the other night.

    ReplyDelete